Dandruff is a common hair problem that is a non-infectious skin disease. Dandruff affects men and women. A scalp disorder leads to scaling or flaking of the scalp. It causes irritation and itching.
What causes dandruff?
According to Ayurveda, Hair treatment is termed as Darunaka. The dandruff treatment is listed under minor diseases.
- Dry scalp
- Poor personal hygiene
- Oily scalp (excess oil)
- Fungal infection
- Poor hair care products
- Chemical residues of cosmetic products
- Skin infections or problems like psoriasis
- Weather and climatic change
- Stress and anxiety
While these are the common reasons of dandruff in today's lifestyle, Ayurveda concentrates on other causes too.
- Direct and excess exposure to sunlight
- Intake of sour tasting food
- Improper sleep
- Dust and pollution
- Poor hair washing and hair conditioning
- Not applying enough oil to the scalp
- Symptoms of Dandruff
Scalp treatment must be done immediately after you notice the symptoms else it will take a long time to cure.
- Scalp itching
- Hair Fall
- Numbness of scalp
- Cracking of skin on the scalp
- Extreme dryness of skin that leads to powdery appearance
- Burning sensation and pricking sensation
- Scalp heaviness and more
Ayurvedic hair treatment is very effective and it gives quick remedy. The dandruff treatment does not just concentrate on curing the itchiness and dryness of scalp but it boosts the growth of hair.
Here are quick home remedies to treat dandruff
- Make a paste of Amla powder and tulsi leaves. Massage the paste on the scalp and leave it for an hour or two. Wash your hair with lukewarm water and repeat this procedure every week for healthy and dandruff free hair. Amla works as a great dandruff treatment and it nourishes the scalp.
- Separate the egg white from the yolk and add 10 drops of lemon juice to the egg white. Mix it well, apply the paste on the scalp, and wash it after 10 minutes. Repeat this dandruff treatment every week and you will see immediate results.
- Heat 4 tablespoons of coconut oil along with camphor. Mix it well and apply it on the scalp when the oil is warm. Wash your hair with a mild herbal shampoo for better results.
- Aloe vera is a great dandruff treatment. You can apply fresh pulp of aloe vera on the affected areas for great results.
- Add few neem leaves to water and wash your hair. The neem leaves are a good disinfectant and they will reduce the itchiness and dryness of scalp.
- Fenugreek is an effective dandruff treatment and it controls hair fall and baldness. Soak a handful of fenugreek seeds overnight and grind them into a fine paste. Apply the sticky paste on the hair and wash it after an hour. Repeat this twice a week and you enjoy the awesome result.
Washing your hair every two days with a mild shampoo and following a healthy diet is the right dandruff treatment suggested by Ayurvedic experts. Maintain your hair the natural way and follow the diet and personal hygiene strictly.