First of all, let’s see what are those things so many people call chakras? While the word “Chakra” means vortex or wheel, we could say chakras are energy centers. They also act like an energy filter, when they are maintained healthy your health is in a good state too, and you find it a lot easier to transform negative emotions into positive emotions.
Humans have seven major chakras, which are, from bottom to top:
– Muladhara or base chakra, root – it has the red color and it is located at the base of the spine, the first chakra.
– Svadhistana or sacral chakra, sexual – it is the second chakra, with the color orange, its location being in the sacral area and is linked to the genital organs.
– Manipura or solar plexus chakra – the third chakra, yellow in color, is located in the solar plexus and it is related to the digestive system and metabolism.
– Anahata or heart chakra – the fourth chakra is green and is in the chest, with influences on the heart and immune system.
– Vishuddha or the throat chakra – is the fifth chakra, turquoise colored, located in the neck, influencing expression and communication.
– Ajna or forehead chakra, also called the third eye – the sixth chakra, the color indigo, located in the middle of the forehead, affects the senses, intuition and thinking.
– Sahasrara or crown chakra – the violet seventh chakra, located at the top of the head is the spiritual connection with the universal consciousness, eternal truth.
Chakras can get affected in different ways, from a subtle off balance to a more serious situation leading to blockages of energy; these conditions may lead to physical health problems, from a discomfort in a certain area to something more serious, like a medical condition.
To get your chakras unlocked, balanced and / or open you can combine several methods including the following:
· On the physical level healthy eating helps chakras. The colors around us can also influence the corresponding chakras, but a color emphasis should only be maintained for a limited period, in order not to affect the other chakras (here I refer to artificial colors, do not exaggerate by avoiding a picnic in the park because you already have a green shirt on you).
· On the emotional level, any positive feelings help to unblock the chakras, the more intense, the more we live it fully, the more the chakras are helped to resume proper form. Standing around happy, joyful and cheerful people, we receive positive energy from them and in our turn we give positive energy.
· On the spiritual level we can use meditation to clean the chakras, to nurture and develop them.
Given the multitude of information for each chakra on hand, I’ll go deeper into this subject in the next articles. Until then, try to keep a balance in everything you do. It will lead to a healthier body and the energy will flow freely through you.
- Hidden meanings in the Major Arcana tarot cards
- Pentacles Tarot Card Meaning Minor Arcana Suit Pentacles Pt 3 – Five, Six & Seven of Pentacles Tarot